Ricci & Company, LLC is a CPA firm located in the Uptown area of Albuquerque, NM. We provide tax, accounting and consulting services to small businesses and individuals.
We are seeking an individual with public accounting experience with an emphasis in taxation to assist us during tax season, with the opportunity for full-time employment. The ideal candidate will assist with tax compliance including the accurate and timely preparation of federal, state and local income tax returns. The candidate will also be expected to efficiently gather information, research tax laws, and correspond with taxing agencies as necessary.
- Prepares federal, state and local tax returns for the individuals, corporations and partnerships on a timely basis.
- Gathers management and accounting information. Obtains any necessary clarification, requests additional information and communicates with various departments concerning any problems that arise.
- Conducts research as necessary to determine compliance with the tax laws. Reads periodicals to maintain knowledge about changing tax laws, planning opportunities, filing requirements, etc.
- Prepares the federal and state extension requests and quarterly estimated tax payments for the various companies.
- Prepares federal tax returns and various state returns including franchise tax returns and annual reports.
- Researches, resolves and responds to state and federal regulatory agencies’ notices. Corresponds with federal and state taxing agencies in connection with penalty notices and filing inquiries as needed.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and must meet (or be within 6 months of meeting) eligibility requirements to sit for NM CPA exam.
- CPA preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in a tax/accounting related role.
- Possesses the ability to follow directions to accomplish goals in an effective manner.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
- Possesses intermediate excel skills with the ability to master advanced excel skills quickly.
- Working knowledge of tax software systems.
- Candidates must also have excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, and QuickBooks.
- All candidates must be able to provide professional references, and will be subject to a background screening.
We offer competitive compensation based on knowledge and experience. If you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity, please reply with your resume.