Sandra K. Ricci, CPA, CCIFP, CGMAsandy.email@example.com
History and Experience
Sandy’s 30-year career in accounting began almost by accident: she loved math, but the closest major at the University of South Florida was accounting. After moving to New Mexico, she and her husband Jamie founded an accounting firm.
Their firm has gone through a number of changes in its 30-year history to become Ricci & Company, which has been in operation since 2007.
The secret to success for this husband-wife duo has been the division of responsibilities and the complementarity of their talents.
For much of her career, Sandy served as the firm’s Audit and Attest Principal. She currently provides tax and audit services and is intensively involved with her clients.
Her favorite clients are construction companies, but she also loves working with any type of closely-held business, including doctors, attorneys and other professionals. Her deep experience working with governmental entities has made her a local expert.
In 2005, she was chosen by her peers in the New Mexico Society of CPAs as the Outstanding Member in Public Practice. In 2011, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants selected her for the Experienced Leader Award.
Sandy is also proud to have created a firm that has grown to more than 50 staff members in its 30 year history.
Community Involvement & Professional Membership
- New Mexico Society of CPAs — leadership positions including serving as Chair, Vice Chair, and member of the Peer Review Committee for over 15 years.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Associated General Contractors
- New Mexico State University Foundation Board — Vice Chair of Audit Committee
- Albuquerque Academy Board of Directors — Chair of Audit Committee and member of the Financial Affairs Committee
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
When she’s not working in the office, Sandy is working out. Besides running, she and Jamie also lift weights and love to travel to anywhere with a beach.